Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And then.....*updated* (slightly)

He called me the next night and i think defeated would be the best word to describe how he sounded. I could hear the pain in his voice when very first thing he said was "So you're running from me now?". I explained to him that I hadn't changed my number because I didn't want him to call me, but rather so that I would stop waiting for him to call. He got quiet after that and I asked him about the work on my car. When his friend told him my back breaks didn't need to be repaired, he took the the change from the rest of the repairs ( about 30 buck or so) and bought the fluids that often need to be replenished of which I had none (ie windshield wiper fluid, steering wheel fluid, oil, etc). He'd told me that was something he planned on doing just so I can have the stuff "in case" but with all of his back and forth....

Anyway, our conversation ended suddenly when his daughter began crying and he put me on hold. He took so long that I just hung up and he never called back.

The master plan that I'd concocted didn't exactly work. Ok, so I got answers about the car situation, but let's be real, that was never really too high on my importance list where he is concerned. Where was the whining and begging me to take him back? Why wasn't he taking this time to profess his undying love to me and assure me that I was the only one for him??

I didn't hear from him again until two whole days later. I happened to look at my phone and saw I had a missed call from Obama's friend's phone. I'd love to say that I stood my ground and just ignored it, but no, I called back. When he got on the phone all he said was "I need to see you". I told him a time and he was there.


For the first hour or so, we sat quietly as we sipped the drinks he'd made us with idle chit-chat about current events here and there. I was the picture of calm and patience on the outside, but inside I was a complete wreck:

 Why come here and even entertain the thought of us discussing our feelings if you had no intentions of doing so?!?! I know you don't think you getting no booty!!!! Why aren't you saying anything?? I spilled my guts to you the last time we were face 2 face and now you're sitting here all calm as if it never happened!! I swear fo Lord if you don't tell me how you feel .... - !!


"You're too perfect for me and that scares the shit out of me."

I was so busy losing my mind and curing him out in my head that I didn't notice him staring at me intently and smiling to himself as he saw me trying to play cool and act as if I wasn't about to snap. I looked up suddenly, startled, when I heard his voice. He said it so matter-of-factly, as if this was something he shouldn't have to verbalize in order for me to know it to be the God's honest truth. 

I immediately began to name some of my many faults to debunk this silly notion of perfection that he appeared to have. He laughed softly, looked me in my eye and told me that all of those faults and so much more is exactly what made me perfect...for him.

"You're a good woman that does what I do, how can I walk away from that?"

That was three weeks ago, and we have been inseparable since.
****************************UPDATE***********************************

I forgot to mention whhen I originally posted what it was that let me know he loved me the wa I have always said Iwanted a guy to love me. He told me that his friend had accidently erased my number after I'd spoken to Obama about the car. He said after yelling at dude (smile) he called the phone company (his friend's phone company, mind you) toget my number. That's some shit I would do to get in contact with someone I love. I have ALWAYS told my friends that I need a dude that would go thru the same lengths for me as I would for him. I think I found him.

OAN - during that same convo I bought up how him not having a phone is an issue for me - regardless of who he called himself being with. He got one the next day. I speak, he listens and reacts accordingly. I love it. And him. :)