Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's really not what you think

*Written August 30, 2006 ( and still very relevant)



IT'S NOT THAT I'M INSECURE
It's just that I've been hurt and played so many times that I'm not willing to compromise myself anymore. Trust is something that you earn, and, until you do so, I have every right to label you and your actions as "suspect".

IT'S NOT THAT I'M A BITCH
It's just that I have a very low tolerance for the games that some people play. I don't play games. I say what' s on my mind at all times and you can either take it for what it is, or pay me no mind One thing that you'll never be able to say about me is that you didn't know how I felt about you. Good or bad, I let you know.

IT'S NOT THAT I'M A TEASE
It's that I told you I wasn't gonna sleep with you when the night started, but you didn't believe me. I told you it wouldn't happen and yet you wanted to kiss and lick and suck and turn me on. I'm not a tease. I'm a woman with with morals, willpower, and a battery operated, disease/drama free buddy that I can pull out at any time.

IT'S NOT THAT I'M CONCEITED
It's just that I finally know what I'm worth. *Yes, I've always had an uppity attitude, but that was more my status as baby girl in my family than anything else.* But now, my arrogant air comes from me finally knowing what a commodity a woman like me is. I deserve more, and so I demand more. People either love me or hate me, no in between. And I'm cool with that.
IT'S NOT THAT I'M BITTER
It's just that I'm tired. Tired of being lied to, cheated on, bamboozled and led astray by these half-assed men who claim to be real. I don't regret anything or one from my past because everything/one has made me the person that I am today. And I love who I am right now. Do I hold all men accountable for the actions of one? No. But, I do expect for you to prove to me that your different. If your not willing to work to get me, you don't deserve to have me.

IT'S NOT THAT I WANT TO WEAR THE PANTS IN THE RELATIONSHIP
It's just that dealing with boys has made me have to be a stronger woman. I need a man who understands that my strength does not indicate his weakness. I need a man who is secure enough in his manhood to handle my take charge attitude and who is solid enough for me to let go and lean on him.

No comments: