Mr. Big and I continued to talk and get to know one another as the months passed and before long we made it official. I was living at home with my mother at the time and once my semester was over I realized that she and I could no longer co-exist peacefully. We definitely needed space. My oldest sister lived in East Bumblefuck, GA and was due to give birth to my nephew at any minute. I saw this as the perfect chance to put some distance between myself and my menopausal ass mother. Another one of my sister’s had just been STRONGLY “encouraged” by her doctor to take a much needed hiatus form her job, so she, myself and my child made plans to head south.
As expected, I felt some hesitation at leaving my newly blossoming relationship, but I had spent a greater part of my previous relationship catering to the wants and needs of the very guys that had broke my heart, so this time around, I was going to do what made ME happy and whomever I was with would just need to fall in line or roll the fuck out. To my delight, Mr. Big chose to fall in line.
We discussed my departure at length, the summer was just starting and I made it a point to let him know that if he felt he couldn’t keep the snake in the cage while I was gone, he should just let me know and we could call the whole thing off. He assured me that a few weeks was nothing and he’d be here waiting when I returned. *swoon*
Mr. Big and I talked on the phone several times a day every day while I was gone. Everything seemed fine until they clearly weren’t anymore. I asked him about the vibe change that I was feeling. I can remember the conversation just as clearly as if it just happened yesterday. I was standing on my sister’s balcony looking at the remains of a tree that had been struck by lightening in a thunderstorm just the day before. My newborn nephew had been home from the hospital for just a few days and I was in the process of making his bottles when Mr. Big had called, so I still had the spoon in my hand that I’d used to fish out the nipples from the boiling water.
I focused all of my attention and energy on that burned up tree trunk as he told me about how his kids’ mother had been going hard at trying to get him back. He then paused and let out a loud exasperated sigh. To this I responded, and it’s working. Not a question, more like just the obviously outcome. Love had never worked out for me before, so I had become used to the fact that it never would-no matter how right it seemed to feel. He said yes and we said our goodbyes. That was the end of me and Mr. Big.
A few days later I received a call from my financial aid advisor at my school telling me that they had not received a signed form indicating that I was accepting my financial aid package for the upcoming semester. After being told that this was something I would have to do in person and fax would not suffice, I booked a flight home to handle my business. Being that I was only going to be gone for a day or two, I left my son with my sisters and hopped flew home.
I was able to get my business at the school handled in less than 30 minutes and then realized that I was home and baby-free for the first time in awhile—time to get BUCKWILD. Lol I called up an older gentleman friend of mine who did the best magic tricks I’d ever seen- he could make the liquor in my cup appear again and again without me ever having to even think about my wallet! Lol He picked me up that night and we headed to the same bar in which I’d met Mr. Big. Now, let me be clear, the night that he and I went was in the middle of the week. The bar had more of a happy hour after work feel to it the night we went as opposed to the “Thug Night” extravaganza that it had a reputation for being on the weekends. So never in my mind did I think we’d run into Mr. Big there. But . . . we did. Older gentleman and I had been at the bar for all of 30 minutes when I got up to use the ladies room. It was on my way back to my seat that I noticed Mr. Big’s best friend sitting just a few stools down and right beside him. . . . yep, Mr. Big. Now though he and I were no longer together, and for all intents and purposes, he broke up with me, part of me felt guilty for being there. Or at least I did until he made a big show of sending some floozy across from me a drink to get my attention.
Done with the games, I whispered in my older gentleman friend’s ear that I was ready to get out of there and he and I made our way to the exit. He dropped me off home soon after and I could not get Mr. Big off of my mind. For some reason I was extremely concerned that he would think that I’d been seeing this guy while he and I were together and that was the farthest from the truth. I tried to fight it, but the urge to call him was too strong. So I did. But, forever a game player, I hung up after only letting the phone ring twice-just long enough so that my number would show on his cell’s caller id. My thinking was that if he wanted to talk, he’d call back, if not. . . .I never got a chance to finish that thought because my ringing phone interrupted it.
I could tell right away that he was tight. So I said the only thing that I could really think of, which was the God’s honest truth. “I called you because I wanted you to know that he bought me home and that’s it.” I could hear him loosen up on the other end of the phone. He then went on to tell me how angry he felt seeing me with someone else. He said his friend kept looking at him weird as hell because he’d never seen Mr. Big loose his cool over a female like that-ever. I told him how I didn’t expect him to be there and I didn’t go there to rub anything in his face. We both laughed when he replied ‘Well, I damn sure sent that drink to rub it in your face”. I asked what he was doing and he said he was at the all-night supermarket buying cereal and that he was coming to me as soon as he left there. I didn’t protest.
I’d been sitting in my dark living room while was talking to him, and still hadn’t made a move to turn on the lights or the television by the time he’d gotten there. I let him into the darkness and sat on the couch. He was still standing up trying to let his eyes adjust when something animalistic* came over me. I absolutely had to taste him. We had had sex many times since that first night, but I had had yet to open up too much sexually with him. I felt myself losing control as I reached for his belt buckle and undress him. I couldn’t stop myself. Once I pulled his pants down, I just sat back and admired the outline of his legs in the darkness. He had the most perfectly toned legs I’d ever seen. I moved in closer to him and just inhaled. I couldn’t believe that I was actually turned on by the sheer essence of him. I finally fulfilled the desire to taste him and we then made love on my mother’s couch. I can honestly say that from that night on. . . I was hooked.
As expected, I felt some hesitation at leaving my newly blossoming relationship, but I had spent a greater part of my previous relationship catering to the wants and needs of the very guys that had broke my heart, so this time around, I was going to do what made ME happy and whomever I was with would just need to fall in line or roll the fuck out. To my delight, Mr. Big chose to fall in line.
We discussed my departure at length, the summer was just starting and I made it a point to let him know that if he felt he couldn’t keep the snake in the cage while I was gone, he should just let me know and we could call the whole thing off. He assured me that a few weeks was nothing and he’d be here waiting when I returned. *swoon*
Mr. Big and I talked on the phone several times a day every day while I was gone. Everything seemed fine until they clearly weren’t anymore. I asked him about the vibe change that I was feeling. I can remember the conversation just as clearly as if it just happened yesterday. I was standing on my sister’s balcony looking at the remains of a tree that had been struck by lightening in a thunderstorm just the day before. My newborn nephew had been home from the hospital for just a few days and I was in the process of making his bottles when Mr. Big had called, so I still had the spoon in my hand that I’d used to fish out the nipples from the boiling water.
I focused all of my attention and energy on that burned up tree trunk as he told me about how his kids’ mother had been going hard at trying to get him back. He then paused and let out a loud exasperated sigh. To this I responded, and it’s working. Not a question, more like just the obviously outcome. Love had never worked out for me before, so I had become used to the fact that it never would-no matter how right it seemed to feel. He said yes and we said our goodbyes. That was the end of me and Mr. Big.
A few days later I received a call from my financial aid advisor at my school telling me that they had not received a signed form indicating that I was accepting my financial aid package for the upcoming semester. After being told that this was something I would have to do in person and fax would not suffice, I booked a flight home to handle my business. Being that I was only going to be gone for a day or two, I left my son with my sisters and hopped flew home.
I was able to get my business at the school handled in less than 30 minutes and then realized that I was home and baby-free for the first time in awhile—time to get BUCKWILD. Lol I called up an older gentleman friend of mine who did the best magic tricks I’d ever seen- he could make the liquor in my cup appear again and again without me ever having to even think about my wallet! Lol He picked me up that night and we headed to the same bar in which I’d met Mr. Big. Now, let me be clear, the night that he and I went was in the middle of the week. The bar had more of a happy hour after work feel to it the night we went as opposed to the “Thug Night” extravaganza that it had a reputation for being on the weekends. So never in my mind did I think we’d run into Mr. Big there. But . . . we did. Older gentleman and I had been at the bar for all of 30 minutes when I got up to use the ladies room. It was on my way back to my seat that I noticed Mr. Big’s best friend sitting just a few stools down and right beside him. . . . yep, Mr. Big. Now though he and I were no longer together, and for all intents and purposes, he broke up with me, part of me felt guilty for being there. Or at least I did until he made a big show of sending some floozy across from me a drink to get my attention.
Done with the games, I whispered in my older gentleman friend’s ear that I was ready to get out of there and he and I made our way to the exit. He dropped me off home soon after and I could not get Mr. Big off of my mind. For some reason I was extremely concerned that he would think that I’d been seeing this guy while he and I were together and that was the farthest from the truth. I tried to fight it, but the urge to call him was too strong. So I did. But, forever a game player, I hung up after only letting the phone ring twice-just long enough so that my number would show on his cell’s caller id. My thinking was that if he wanted to talk, he’d call back, if not. . . .I never got a chance to finish that thought because my ringing phone interrupted it.
I could tell right away that he was tight. So I said the only thing that I could really think of, which was the God’s honest truth. “I called you because I wanted you to know that he bought me home and that’s it.” I could hear him loosen up on the other end of the phone. He then went on to tell me how angry he felt seeing me with someone else. He said his friend kept looking at him weird as hell because he’d never seen Mr. Big loose his cool over a female like that-ever. I told him how I didn’t expect him to be there and I didn’t go there to rub anything in his face. We both laughed when he replied ‘Well, I damn sure sent that drink to rub it in your face”. I asked what he was doing and he said he was at the all-night supermarket buying cereal and that he was coming to me as soon as he left there. I didn’t protest.
I’d been sitting in my dark living room while was talking to him, and still hadn’t made a move to turn on the lights or the television by the time he’d gotten there. I let him into the darkness and sat on the couch. He was still standing up trying to let his eyes adjust when something animalistic* came over me. I absolutely had to taste him. We had had sex many times since that first night, but I had had yet to open up too much sexually with him. I felt myself losing control as I reached for his belt buckle and undress him. I couldn’t stop myself. Once I pulled his pants down, I just sat back and admired the outline of his legs in the darkness. He had the most perfectly toned legs I’d ever seen. I moved in closer to him and just inhaled. I couldn’t believe that I was actually turned on by the sheer essence of him. I finally fulfilled the desire to taste him and we then made love on my mother’s couch. I can honestly say that from that night on. . . I was hooked.
* In hindsight, I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, the animal in me was coaxed out by those shots of henny I'd had at the bar just a few short hrs ago! lol
3 comments:
"Lol I called up an older gentleman friend of mine who did the best magic tricks I’d ever seen- he could make the liquor in my cup appear again and again without me ever having to even think about my wallet! "
Funniest line ever!
And the title is hilarious.
Ok, waiting on the next break up. Sorry to be so entertained by this. I feel some sort of connection though, since I have a current who I've broken it off with 2,745,823 times
lol It's ok. It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that's gone thru it. and. . unfortunately, break-up 2 of 1,650,880,540 is right around the bend.
Damn if this doesn't sound familiar... the number of breakups... meeting the animal within... inhaling your man... losing yourself in the love/lust...
dammit, T!
I love you, Sis. I know the pain is real. After almost 9 yrs, I've lost count...
Post a Comment