
As unpopular as this statement may be today of all days, I totally stand by it. Was he wrong, out of line and just downright classless for shattering poor wittle Taylor’s first VMA acceptance speech? Absolutely. Was I surprised at such a move from him? NEGATIVE.
This is what the fuck he does. He does and says the things that people want but are too afraid (or classy/mature/sane) to do. I honestly can’t count the number of times I’ve been at home watching some bullshit go down on tv and think “Damn, I wish someone would go up there and snatch that mic (or flip a table or some other random act of tantrumy to protest an “injustice”)
Enter Yeezy.
He does it so I don’t have to.
I’m so confused as to how it is that this man could stand on live tv at the height of a national catastrophe and ride on the President of the United effing States and not receive as much as flack, but gets shunned for doing the same to a teenage country singer at a fucking music video award show. In both cases he was dead ass wrong and out of line, and yet the latter was what took it too far???? Huh? Where they do that at???
I’d be remiss to mention how some of my fairer-skinned counterparts took this as a prime example to take to the halls of twitterville to throw around the N-word all willy-nilly . I’d hate to even imply this…but it would APPEAR that SOME people look for ANY opportunity to use that word when it is at any other time unacceptable. Ijs ... one has to seriously wonder what the backlash would be if his target was say Fantasia instead of the chaste, virginal, Taylor Swift (who I happen to like as both a person(ality) and an artist, btw, so this has nothing to do with her personally)??? Would everyone still be so appalled and call for the man’s career to be over?? Eh.. who knows…maybe it isn’t a race thing at all…who knows...
This is what the fuck he does. He does and says the things that people want but are too afraid (or classy/mature/sane) to do. I honestly can’t count the number of times I’ve been at home watching some bullshit go down on tv and think “Damn, I wish someone would go up there and snatch that mic (or flip a table or some other random act of tantrumy to protest an “injustice”)
Enter Yeezy.
He does it so I don’t have to.
I’m so confused as to how it is that this man could stand on live tv at the height of a national catastrophe and ride on the President of the United effing States and not receive as much as flack, but gets shunned for doing the same to a teenage country singer at a fucking music video award show. In both cases he was dead ass wrong and out of line, and yet the latter was what took it too far???? Huh? Where they do that at???
I’d be remiss to mention how some of my fairer-skinned counterparts took this as a prime example to take to the halls of twitterville to throw around the N-word all willy-nilly . I’d hate to even imply this…but it would APPEAR that SOME people look for ANY opportunity to use that word when it is at any other time unacceptable. Ijs ... one has to seriously wonder what the backlash would be if his target was say Fantasia instead of the chaste, virginal, Taylor Swift (who I happen to like as both a person(ality) and an artist, btw, so this has nothing to do with her personally)??? Would everyone still be so appalled and call for the man’s career to be over?? Eh.. who knows…maybe it isn’t a race thing at all…who knows...
And to those who say, "But blacks are appalled too" ... this is true. However, I just figure those blacks who are overly appalled and actually calling for people to stop supporting him are hypocrites. Why? Because these are probably the same people who cheered when he said "George Bush doesn't care about black people". So it's only ok for him to show his ass when you agree with him? Please. Get a grip. Messy is messy is messy. Period.
And when will someone wonder aloud how Yeezy got to even get on stage? (guess I just did, huh?). This man is known for wreaking havoc at award shows when shit don't go his way. Since "Love Lockdown" was nominated quite a number of times, you mean to tell me MTV didn't have not one Top Flight security guard waiting to shine a flashlight in his direction in case he moved from his seat? Yea, ok...
MTV had to have some inkling that Yeezy would act up, he's proven that he doesn't give a fuck 'bout their couch or their sponsors time and time again, has he not?
Plus, in his defense, that WAS some ‘ole bullshit. Lol I wanted to flip a chair over in protest of B getting jilted and I don’t even stan for her or know her like that. What if she was your peoples and got played?? I’m not saying he was right…I’m just saying I understand. If that had been my homie, I prolly would’ve acted a fool too… ESPECIALLY if I had a belly full of yak and was wearing a leather shirt in 90 degree weather.
What say you?
Plus, in his defense, that WAS some ‘ole bullshit. Lol I wanted to flip a chair over in protest of B getting jilted and I don’t even stan for her or know her like that. What if she was your peoples and got played?? I’m not saying he was right…I’m just saying I understand. If that had been my homie, I prolly would’ve acted a fool too… ESPECIALLY if I had a belly full of yak and was wearing a leather shirt in 90 degree weather.
What say you?
11 comments:
Very well put together argument I must say. I actually wrote an article agreeing with Kanye's rant about Bush and Katrina...so I feel you..I think what he did was foul and I hardly thought that Beyonce's video was worth going HAM over BUT at the same time I know that's just Kanyeezy and it dont stop cuz it wont stop...I aint gone go around talkin about his career needs to be trashed cuz lets be honest this is probably the best publicity he is gonna get for awhile.....oh and LMAO@leather jacket in 90 degree weather so not only can we blame the alcohol but also HEATSTROKE? LMBAO!!!!
I don't think Bey's video was worth it either, I'll even go as far as to say I personally like Lady Gaga's video better, but as far as popularity, I just knew Bey had it in the bag. And yea... heatstroke is a hell of a thing!!!! lol
I don't why people were so appalled by his actions. That was not the first time nor the last time we will ever pull a stunt like that so get over it. Now I don't agree that Beyonce's video was the best of all time and he did handle himself very unfriendly artist type away but who effin cares. The world was so upset and disturbed by his action but not as upset when the senator yelled out Liar to our President! people were are our heads at?
Real Talk He need to grab the mic from his girl a tell her to get lost LOL
I loke This Blog Im following you check out my blog www.jotwice.blogspot.com
You ain't never lie..."this is what Kanye does"
I wasn't shocked at all. He's rude, yeah, but hell, we know how he does it. Wendy Williams made a good point this morning. Kanye did nothing but bring publicity to Taylor Swift. People who had no idea who she was (like myself) will now google her and probably start listening to country music.
Hell, she oughta thank him! LOL
@sunshinstar110-You make a good point, I don't recall hearuing about Senator Joe's outburst nearly as much. We're an ass backwards country in some areas. SMH
Jotwice- I like Amber! lol She plays her position well. . .
Simone Dior- Taylor Swifts name has not been mentioned so much in headlines and on the internet since she came out. Please, that nut did her a damned favor she ought to be grateful! lol
This is what Kanye does, plain and simple. This is what got his name out there. Yeah, he has hot music, yeah he is a terrific producer...but it's these types of shenanigans and stunts, that has made him a crossover household name.
Look I think what he did was wrong, too, but I don't think all of theses foulness afterwards is necessary. I think what has blown this whole thing out of proportion, was Taylor Swifts reaction. A typical 17 year old white girl's reaction, I'm to shock to say my thank you to the high school where I shot the video and the director, and blah blah blah....so I'm just going to stand there and look like I'm about to cry.
If it was a black person, they would have said something smart, or snatched the mic back, and kept it moving. I mean this is the girl who kept going on Entertainment Tonight and E news and any teen news outlet talking about how here one of those Jonas boys heart her by breaking up with her. That's what happens when you are a teenager, you date someone for a second then breakup with them. She needs some tough skin.
As for Kanye, this negro is desperately crying out for something. It really seems like he needs a break. This is his Mariah Carey on TRL...this is his public display, that he needs a break. He was drunk and friends with Beyonce' plain and simple. This is one of the people in his camp...Beyonce, Jay-Z, Rhianna, Ne-yo, etc., these are his like clique. So he was supporting one of them I say. He was wrong however I agree, but I guess I understand.
I think however he is coming apart at the seams. I think he really hasn't grieved properly concerning his Mom, and we are seeing him ravel right in front of our eyes.
I just think about seeing his long ass 15 second pause on Jay Leno, when Jay asked him, how would his Mom think about what he did. I swear, if he wasn't on national TV, it looked like he would have balled his eyes out. All this nigga is crying himself to sleep at night, probably while he is still inside of Amber Rose!
He is definately coming aprart before our eyes and everyone seems to ignore his loss. I think he just needs some time outside of the limelight to get his emotions together and he'll be fine.
Kanye is a spoiled only child who acts out and has tantrums because he is given the platform to do so. This isn't anything new. He does it all the time. I used to really roll with 'Ye, because I understood how his frustration could lead to such outbursts, but this time around, I can't roll with him. I think it just seemed more rude because it felt like he stole the spotlight from a kid. Had he done it to Lady Gaga or Pink, I probably would have just laughed, but I really felt bad for the girl.
I dont think his career should be affected by it, though. I mean, come on. It's the VMA's. They aren't that important. Like Jay Z said, "He didnt kill anybody or harm anybody". He just interrupted an awards speech.
As far as it getting so much attention, I think it may depend on which news/media outlets you pay attention to. Personally, I havent seen this incident get more or even close to the amount of attention that his Katrina outburst recieved (which I think shouldn't be compared to because he spoke on the horrific condition and loss of life related to the response to Katrina, which is waaaaaaay more serious than a VMA award speech) or the ourburst from the senator.
Ye really lost me when he said "Single Ladies" was one of the best videos of all time. I almost choked on a sunflower seed when he said that. lol
Amazingly, I never felt bad for Taylor because I knew what the follwoing day would bring. Yea, it was effed up that he did that, but I've heard her name more times in the past week than I have throughout her career. My sister and I were texting one another while watching and as soon as it happened I sent a text to her saying " He just doubled that lil girl"s sales for the year" lol
As far as the attention it has gotten, I meant moreson the backlash. as much of a screw up G. Dub was as the Head of State, he was the POTUS, the title alone demands protocol, especially on national tv. I don't recall hearing the rednecks call for the ending of his career back then.
I can't rock with it being th ebest video of all times, but as far as ppl imitating and youtube, views, over exposure, etc, Bey had that bagged in my opinion. I hadn't even seen Taylor Swift's video before seeing th eclip of it when they announce the nominees, and I watch ALL videos.
Post a Comment