"Obama" and I have been pretty cozy for the last few weeks. He's stayed over every day since the weekend before my "Oh Obama....*sigh*" post and it has been very....nice....having him around. If I wasn't attached confused before, I most certainly am now.
I want to slow myself down, but, at the same time, I'm enjoying having him around. I guess the Universe has a way of working things out because he found out yesterday that he'll be in Mexico for a month* and he leaves next week. At least that time apart will give me a chance to put things in perspective and try to figure out what it is that we're doing now, what it is we both want, and where it is we go from here.
He asked me if I'd miss him and I told him "Fif!". I then asked him, jokingly, if I was supposed to wait for him while he was gone and he just looked me in my eye and said "At this point I shouldn"t even have to answer that".
NOW I'm feeling fucked up. NOW I feel like I should have just ran the other way as soon as his sister told me about his daughter. NOW my conscious is fucking with me. It was one thing in my head when he and I were just using each other's bodies. But now that he seems to be ok with it being more...d'oh!
He asked me to come down during his last weekend there and I said I'd think about it. He has a couple of places he wants us to vist this summer, so I have to see how I'll alot my vacation days.
Amazingly, the day he leaves is the same day that my son comes back home, so the timing works in my favor. I can give my son all of the time and attention he and I need after a year of him being gone without having to think about how to fit "Obama" in.
Guess we'll see what happens from here....
*He plays semi- pro b-ball and even though he said he'd be retiring this year, his manager convinced him to play through the Summer.

3 comments:
I wish I had some amazing advice for that would make this situation so much easier but I don't :-( I'm just going to tell you what my cousin told me recently "sometimes u can't or don't have the answer to everything. u just got to sit back and follow his lead. Maybe i'll work out maybe it won't..just stop trying to figure it out and let it flow."
Oh Obama!! I don't know if i should love him or hate him for you but I will say he is definitely moving on up in the rankings!
@Sunshine- That's the best advice I've ever read. Too bad that's the one thing in life I admit to sucking at- sitting back and waiting to see what happens. I need to know what's going on all the time, so just waiting to see how things will progress naturally has always been tough for me. I'm trying tho....
@Jazzy- I' not too sure either! lol But for right now he is DEFINITELY moving up! :)
Post a Comment