Friday, June 18, 2010

"Take your time - I ain't going nowhere"

....that's what he said when I told him that it'll be awhile until I see him once my son comes home. And that he'd have to meet my son outside of our love nest my house the first few meet-n-greets before my son can see him chilling all up in our living room. I’ve been meaning to have a talk with him letting him know that me getting attached to him and being hurt was one thing, but my son doing that was another (and a definite NO-NO). But I chickened out. Why? Because that would lead to the "Where is this thing going?" talk and I don’t know if I'm ready for his answer no matter what it may be. I have some time since he won’t meet my son for awhile, but I think it'll actually be harder for me to have the talk even just a week from now (if things continue with us as they have). I guess we'll see....all I keep thinking is:

 "What's it gonna be....dessert or disaster....?!?!"

No comments: