Monday, June 14, 2010

Yea, so....I be trippin

So I went thru a phase last week where I thought the best thing for my sanity would b to stop seeing Obama. Not because he'd done anything wrong, mind you. But because he was doing everything right. I am falling for this dude and I feel like at any minute I'll text him to bring paper towels with him when he comes and he'll respond with "I'll see you on the weekend" and that's not something I'd be able to handle.

I was still all in my feelings that night/early morning when he did something that had me REALLY decide to call everything off. He had borrowed my car to go to a game about 20 minutes away and said he'd be back around 11/12-ish. I was at home and fell asleep early only to wake up to a text from he saying that they'd gone out after the game and he'd be in soon. He'd left the text at about 12:30 and by the time I saw it when I woke up it was almost 2am. I text him and got no response, so then I called. It rung about seven times and went to voicemail - this never happens, he always answers when I cal and the one or two times he hasn’t he has either called me right back or text me to let me know why he couldn’t talk on the phone at the moment. For the next hour I called and called and called. Sometimes the phone would ring once and go to voicemail, other times it would go straight to vm and a few times it just rang. Now, I know what your thinking, why so much, right? Well, for starters, every since "Pookie", I get extremely nervous about those I love care about being out at night and unheard from. I just needed to hear his voice to know that everything (him and my car) were ok. He finally called me back a lill after an hour later and said he was on his way. Twenty minutes later he showed up at my door, mumbled something inaudible and then proceeded to the shower. When he got out, he came over and laid his naked body on my as I watched tv on the couch. I told him I didn't want him on me and he tried to get me to come lay with him in the bedroom. Again, no thanks, I stayed on the couch. The next day, I got up and got dressed without waking him. In the midst of the commotion I was making, he woke up on his own and asked if I was gonna ever wake him up. I said no, and then proceeded to continue getting dressed. He came over and tried to make small talk with me, but I igged him. Then, he said "Fuck it then" and went back into the bedroom. ALL of this was new behavior from him to me. I left out without him (that was the first time in weeks that he and I did not leave out together. Usually we take one of our cars and he drops me off at work. This day I drove myself in my car). I also took all of the basketball stuff he had in my trunk, bought it upstairs and dumped it right inside the front door. He had that day off of work, so when he finally woke up and saw the stuff there, he called me and asked how I expected him to carry all of the stuff home. (his car has been in the shop since early last week). I told him that wasn't my concern and that I thought I was being considerate by leaving his things since I didn't know when I'd see him again. I think this caught him off guard, especially since he know I’ve chalked deuces to guys for less. When he got quiet, I told him to call me when he had something to say. He called me back a minute later and tried to explain how he was just so tired the night before and after the game the team went to eat and he'd gone to see his daughter and fell asleep holding her. He said he thought his daughter's mother was playing on his phone but wasn't sure until he left out and saw how many times I called. I explained to him that the time he came in and where he was for that matter wasn’t what had me upset, it was that I didn't know where MY car was. In my head, he was laying in a ditch bleeding from the head as his attacker hit ignore on my calls and his attackers friends bashed in the windows to my car. In fact, once he called me and told me he was on his way, I was instantly sleepy again. I honestly just needed to know that my car would be in the front of my house when it came time for me to go to work. Nonetheless, I eventually realized that it was more than that that upset me - it was the fact that I was trapped in a bonified girlfriend scenario with NO BOYFRIEND. I would be remiss to add that he is a known cheater. Him going out and sleeping around is something I can't gripe bout since he isn't "mine" but my car??? Oh yea, I can gripe about that and its whereabouts alllllllll day.

So, I was really ready to cut him off. I felt like he was trying to play me and I told him as much right before I hung up on him. Ten minutes later I get a text from him saying: "I apologize. U been so good to me and a real sweetheart and know that I truly do appreciate you. I was completely wrong and I'm sorry." He then sent another about five minutes later that read: “I was mean and inconsiderate and I sincerely apologize!" I responded “Yes you were. Apology accepted.’ I sent another right after that that said "Don't do that shit again..." to which he responded: "Never! Promise."

And now after a weekend of making-up...let's just say we're right back on track. I did realize that I'd been focusing too much of my attention on him (that wholes eggs/basket theory) so I invited Sweet Black Pipe* to come watch a movie with me on Sunday. The movie sucked and I realized that Sweet Pipe is an uber jerk and pompous ass to boot. *shrugs* He did help me in deciding what to cook for dinner last night tho - blackened salmon, linguini in a light mushroom sauce and spinach with strawberry cupcakes w/cream cheese frosting for dessert....Obama loved it. lol

* I'd seen him about a week ago when Obama and I were at the courthouse fighting a parking ticket. He said he'd been busy due to a bunc of things going on with his teenage son getting into trouble and had been meaning to call. He called a few days later and basically tole me that he was so bent on trying to get me into bed because of the friends I kept and that he figure they were smuts so I must be one too. For the record, my friends are not smuts (and I told him as much). However, he told me a tidbit about a friend of a friend and ...well...let's just say I'm not even mad at him for thinking he could smut me out.

2 comments:

sunshinestar110 said...

*wipes sweat* I was so worried that he had done much more than the car thing. I'm glad u are going to give him the chance to prove himself! I'm rooting for Obama!

Ms. Jones said...

lol I'm glad someone has the time to root for him. Me? All I can do is try to enjoy myself as I hodl my breathe and wait for disaster to strike.... :-/