About a week later, I was texting back and forth with an associate who happened to also the sister of Rocky’s baby momma. True to her gossiping rep, not too far into the exchange she dropped the “You-ain’t-heard-it-from-me” bomb and informed me that “Rocky” and said baby momma were once again an item, like, a lived-in, on-big-family item. And, true to my I don’t give a what rep, I replied “Oh, I guess he couldn’t tell me that himself because the last time I saw him his mouth was full.” I then told her that if she was a good big sister, she’d let “old girl know that he wasn’t shit. Then I added, hell, give her my number, I’ll tell her! Less than an hour later, baby momma called my phone. Now, baby momma got on an proceeded to tell me that she’d gotten my number from Rock’s phone after he’d text me that morning. ( I still don’t know if that is true or not but it doesn’t even matter at this point) Anywho, she proceeded to tell me that they were together and said that she’d been telling him to tell me for some time now so that I would stop calling him. *blank stare* When her voice started to strike me as confrontational, I stopped her and informed her of the reality of the situation. I didn’t get too out of control as I sometimes do because her gossipy sister is cool and, in all honestly, it wasn't called for. So I tell her how Rocky had been texting me quite frequently and professing his undying love and how he’d given me a ride or two one V-day.
Amazingly, she didn’t even trip. In fact, she was kind happy about it. She told me, “He’s making me be his girlfriend, Enigma”. *blank fucking stare!* She goes on to tell me that Rocky (The Bobby to her Whitney), moved himself into her apartment and said they had to be together because she was a bad mom. She went on to tell me that he treated her like shit and yelled at her (in her own damned house) for everything. Now, I’d heard about their tumultuous relationship before (we have A LOT of mutual friends), but he always treated and spoke to me with the utmost respect, so I never gave the “word on the street” much thought. Plus, I’d never heard it from either horses mouth. Just thinking about him treating her in the way that she described really pissed me off to no end. Now keep in mind, my sympathy was still on high even after realizing that a.) she was probably sleeping with him when he and I were together, b.) this is probably what led her to veer out of her lane when he was locked up and she started losing her mind and forgetting that I was his “official” girl at the time. Add those points to the fact that she is a few years younger than I and became a mom at an extremely young age and he is all she has really known as far as “love” and I was determined to do anything in my power to help her “out” of her situation with him.
We concocted a plan to get him to my house and have her come by. I told her to give me some time because I had had him on knockoff for awhile and me switching up to boo loving status out of no where would make him suspicious, We spent the next few days texting back and forth exchanging stories and she actually apologized for ever throwing any shade my way in the past. (we’d also had a run-in when he and I had first met and they were in the midst of one of their short-lived breaks).
Anyhoo, our opportunity came about four days later. He called me to see what I was doing and I told him that my son was gone for the night and I was lonely. As he and I spoke on my house phone, I text baby momma from my cell and the set-up was on and popping! He got to my house about a half-hour later and she was on her way. As he and I sat there, him watching tv and me anxiously waiting for her call, I couldn’t stop thinking about how I’d been duped. It really took everything in me to to stop myself from blowing the whole thing by swinging on him. I know that guys lie and I am quite good at catching them in the act, however, it really never gets any easier to realize that someone you cared for could blatantly lie to your face without remorse.
She called my cell about 20 minutes after he’d gotten then and I went downstairs to let her him. To solidify it all, I was wearing his fitted n my head and had told him to get comfortable before I’d walked downstairs. When she and I re-entered my apartment, ‘ole boy had made himself comfortable by taking off his shirt and shoes and was pouring himself a drink. He’d also turned the lights out in the bedroom where we had been watching tv.
I walked in first and walked past him to the other side of the room. To his credit, homie didn’t flinch at all when he saw her. He just kept pouring his drink. It literally broke my heart to watch as she walked up to him and in a soft voice ask “Boo, what’s going on? Huh, boo?” It was then that the realization hit me, not only was she dumb in love, but she was afraid of him. He had just got cold busted and she was afraid of HIS reactions to it. Since he didn’t scare me, and I saw that she was failing to ask the proper questions, I stepped in. “What you doing here, Rocky?” I asked. This seemed to wake her up. “Yea, she added, “What are you doing hear?” He told her that he’d come by because I had text him, to which I responded, “So you had to come by here at 10-something at night because I text you? I didn’t text you on Valentine’s Day, so what were you doing here then?” He just started smiling at me and proceeded to get his stuff together to leave as she followed behind him like a love-sick puppy. He then proceeded to plead the fifth as I ran down our entire Valentine’s Day together, he never denied anything, mind you, just remained silent the entire time. The eventually left and I called her sister to tell her to check in on her in a little while. To which she replied, “ I’m not getting in it, you can’t stop no crack head from toking up and you can’t stop fool from loving an no-good ass man!”
Amazingly, she didn’t even trip. In fact, she was kind happy about it. She told me, “He’s making me be his girlfriend, Enigma”. *blank fucking stare!* She goes on to tell me that Rocky (The Bobby to her Whitney), moved himself into her apartment and said they had to be together because she was a bad mom. She went on to tell me that he treated her like shit and yelled at her (in her own damned house) for everything. Now, I’d heard about their tumultuous relationship before (we have A LOT of mutual friends), but he always treated and spoke to me with the utmost respect, so I never gave the “word on the street” much thought. Plus, I’d never heard it from either horses mouth. Just thinking about him treating her in the way that she described really pissed me off to no end. Now keep in mind, my sympathy was still on high even after realizing that a.) she was probably sleeping with him when he and I were together, b.) this is probably what led her to veer out of her lane when he was locked up and she started losing her mind and forgetting that I was his “official” girl at the time. Add those points to the fact that she is a few years younger than I and became a mom at an extremely young age and he is all she has really known as far as “love” and I was determined to do anything in my power to help her “out” of her situation with him.
We concocted a plan to get him to my house and have her come by. I told her to give me some time because I had had him on knockoff for awhile and me switching up to boo loving status out of no where would make him suspicious, We spent the next few days texting back and forth exchanging stories and she actually apologized for ever throwing any shade my way in the past. (we’d also had a run-in when he and I had first met and they were in the midst of one of their short-lived breaks).
Anyhoo, our opportunity came about four days later. He called me to see what I was doing and I told him that my son was gone for the night and I was lonely. As he and I spoke on my house phone, I text baby momma from my cell and the set-up was on and popping! He got to my house about a half-hour later and she was on her way. As he and I sat there, him watching tv and me anxiously waiting for her call, I couldn’t stop thinking about how I’d been duped. It really took everything in me to to stop myself from blowing the whole thing by swinging on him. I know that guys lie and I am quite good at catching them in the act, however, it really never gets any easier to realize that someone you cared for could blatantly lie to your face without remorse.
She called my cell about 20 minutes after he’d gotten then and I went downstairs to let her him. To solidify it all, I was wearing his fitted n my head and had told him to get comfortable before I’d walked downstairs. When she and I re-entered my apartment, ‘ole boy had made himself comfortable by taking off his shirt and shoes and was pouring himself a drink. He’d also turned the lights out in the bedroom where we had been watching tv.
I walked in first and walked past him to the other side of the room. To his credit, homie didn’t flinch at all when he saw her. He just kept pouring his drink. It literally broke my heart to watch as she walked up to him and in a soft voice ask “Boo, what’s going on? Huh, boo?” It was then that the realization hit me, not only was she dumb in love, but she was afraid of him. He had just got cold busted and she was afraid of HIS reactions to it. Since he didn’t scare me, and I saw that she was failing to ask the proper questions, I stepped in. “What you doing here, Rocky?” I asked. This seemed to wake her up. “Yea, she added, “What are you doing hear?” He told her that he’d come by because I had text him, to which I responded, “So you had to come by here at 10-something at night because I text you? I didn’t text you on Valentine’s Day, so what were you doing here then?” He just started smiling at me and proceeded to get his stuff together to leave as she followed behind him like a love-sick puppy. He then proceeded to plead the fifth as I ran down our entire Valentine’s Day together, he never denied anything, mind you, just remained silent the entire time. The eventually left and I called her sister to tell her to check in on her in a little while. To which she replied, “ I’m not getting in it, you can’t stop no crack head from toking up and you can’t stop fool from loving an no-good ass man!”
No comments:
Post a Comment