Thursday, March 18, 2010

Introducing: The Street Fighter

The Street Fighter is one of the bouncers at Barbara's. He stands at about 6"4 and is a fairly decent looking guy besides that fact that he has a mustache a little thicker than I like and I only see him in his "bouncer gear". Nontheless, when he started flirting with me a month or so ago, I knew he'd be asking for my number soon. In my head, this worked out great since I'm trying to date more "corny" guys as opposed to thugs. Plus, dating the bouncer can only work in mine and my friends' favor- Right? lol (Wrong.)

About a month ago he gave me his business card. According to the card he's a construction contractor. Ok, cool. But, I didn't call. I'm kinda old-school that way. I feel like the guys should make the first move (and had I not been so inebriated, I probably would have told him that instead of actually taking the card.) But anyway, when I saw him (at Barbara's) the next time, we had a chance to chat. Now mind you, we were in the bar, I was under the influence of not only liquor but chief as well and the music was hella loud. Someone should have told him that that was not the time to try to have a even semi-serious conversation with me, but he did anyway. Our convo went something like this:

Street Fighter: So yea blah, blah, blah, blah blah, something, something, something...I'm just waiting on this guy to accept my challenge and then we'll see what happens.
Drunk & Hot Girl ME: Your challenege? To tap dance????
Street Fighter: No, to fight for the championship belt. (hence his nickname)
Drunk & Hot Girl ME: Oh. *wrinkles face* I thought you did construction, not karate
Street Fighter: I don't do karate
Drunk & Hot Girl  ME: But you just said...
Street Fighter: *takes out and gives me business card AGAIN* I'm a contractor. I do it all construction wise.
Drunk & Hot Girl ME: Oh!!! Do you change lightbulbs? I just moved and my light fixtures are too high
Street Fighter: laughs

I then give him the card back and let him know that I don't wanna keep taking them to put my chewed-up gum in b/c they probably cost him a grip since they had color and everything (I'm drunk remember? lol) So then I put my number in his phone and walk away. (real talk, I was pissed because he laughed at me needing my light bulb changed. I was dead ass serious and drunk lol

Anyway, he eventually calls me but it was like a few days after my dad passed and I really wasn't in the mod to kick it.  He called again a few days leter and we had the chance to get to know one another, but he chose to spend the time telling me all of his friends' business. (<_<) The main one he seemed to talk about is some female friend of his. He tells me all of her business, the dude's she started messing with business, why they haven't had sex yet, that the dude sells drugs, just a bunch of stuff that I did not need to know. He gossiped so much, in fact, that I made a mental note to not tell him (or have him witness) anything I would not want spread around.

The next time I see him is actually the same night that I gave Sweet Black Pipe my number. We get to Barbara's and it's a DJ night which means they have a $5 cover at the door. As I go to pay, Street Fighter comes out of nowhere and tells the owner, who's at the door taking money, that I'm with him and I get in free. Ok, 1/2 a cool point for him. He'd have gotten a whole one had he let my girl in free too. lol Anyway, we (my friend "T" and I) get inside and see that our friend "Egypt"(E)*  is already there and talking to some random chick at the bar. I don't pay much attention to this because E make no secret of the fact that she's bi and always on the prowl.  I order my drink and start dancing to the music. I may have had a short convo with the chick sitting with E, but definitely nothing major since my focus was on getting as buzzed as possible and shaking my bon bon as hard as I could.

I make my way to the back to use the restroom and Street Fighter, who's working the back door grabs me up. He tells me that the random chick sitting with E is the friend he's always talking about and he calls her and points to me so that she can see the chick he's now in love with (his words). I stay and talk to him for a minute and then I go off to a corner by myself and dance. I see Egypt heading straight for me looking like she wants to dance and I stop dancing and go back to where "T" is sitting with the random girl. This time I'm already zoning so I'm not really talking to anyone. I make another run to the ladies' room about half an hour later and I feel someone put something in my hand and hear a deep voice tell me, "I saw this and thought about you my little butterfly". I look down and it's a little drawstring jewelry bag with a butterfly bracelet (below) in it. I look up and see the Street Fighter walking away.



I'm impressed....until he begins to text me.

p.s. He's actually listed in my phone as Street Fighter and his ringer is "Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.... lmao
To be continued....


*I've known her since I was like 11. Egypt is in love with me and scares me. There will be a blog dedicate dto her and her antics very soon.

3 comments:

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

wow...don't know what city you're in. but at first thought you were talking about my friend who's a bouncer that fits the description of EVERYTHING you just described. lol

and that is impressing the braclet. point goes to streetfighter. i saw you have a part II but felt i should read the part I first. lol

suga said...

i am still hella confused about the convo u had with him. the championship belt? huh? I was dying when you asked him about tap dancing lmao

That gossipsing stuff would have been a huge turn off though.

Ms. Jones said...

Suga, I'm STILL confused by the conversation. Just goes to show drunk people shoudl not try to converse with stupid ppl. LESSON LEARNED! lol

And yes, the gossiping was even more annoying to me than his blatant lack of respect for the English language. But since I could barely make out most of what he was saying and was usually paying more attention to the tv, my nails or anything shiny, I was able to cope without getting too annoyed.